Bum Contract Furniture Ltd. affirms that its products will be free of manufacturers defects in materials or workmanship when used and maintained under normal commercial/residential use. This warranty is applicable for 3 years for all; chairs, bar stools, table bases, metal tables, lounge furniture (excluding cushions), umbrellas and bases, planters, benches and litter bins. The warranty is applicable for 2 years for all table tops.
Manufacturer defect is a defect in a product that has departed from its intended design and is dangerous of causes the product to be unusable for its original purchased intent. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear over time.
The warranty applies to the original purchaser at the date of purchase. BUM Contract Furniture Ltd. will, at its discretion, replace or repair said defective product.
What manufacturers warranty does not cover:
- Damage caused in shipping. If damage is caused in shipping, that damaged MUST be noted on proof of delivery and reported to BUM immediately
- Normal wear and tear
- Discolouration due to prolonged exposure to ultra-violet rays. Body care products such as sunscreen, and body lotion can cause discolouration.
Care and Maintenance:
- Clean products with a soft bristle and mild detergent such as Dawn
- Tighten all loose hardware and replace anything that is missing
- Replace all warn out foot caps regularly with new ones
- Touch up scrapes and exposed metal with touch up paint
- Teak tops need to be cleaned with mild detergents. Specific outdoor oil may be applied to ensure longevity.
To file a claim:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Original bill of sales (invoice or sales order)
- Pictures illustrating the issue and reasons for the claim
- Proof of care and maintenance performed